CPD certified E-learning course, online management and safe management training of medications, suitable for domiciliary carers, care home staff.
Our online medication training for domiciliary carers course was developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meets the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS). This course is an ideal learning solution for:
- Individual Domiciliary Care Workers
- Home Carers
- Locum & Agency Care Workers
- Community Healthcare Assistants
- Support Workers.
Online Medication Training For The Domiciliary Carer, what’s covered?
- Introduction to medication management for the care worker
- The legislation & guidance of medication management
- Principles of medication management
- Service user needs assessment & consent to treatment
- Obtaining the medication
- General support with medications
- Principles of safe administration of medicines
- Specific medications
- Considerations for the safe management of medicines
- Service users with swallowing difficulties
- Covert administration of medicines
- Record keeping
- Self-administration of medicines
- Safe disposal of medicines
- Dealing with significant events involving the handling and administration of medicines.
- Provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation & guidelines regarding the management of medications
- To understand the ordering, receiving, administering, storing and disposing of medicines safely
- Identify the processes and procedures for obtaining and receiving supplies
- Explain how drugs are administered and how problems may occur
- Store and dispose of drugs safely and securely
- The principles underpinning the proper administration of medication
- Outline the principal legal aspects of handling medicines.
- On completion of this safe handling & management of medication online training course for the domiciliary carers, you will be required to complete an online assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry, as you can re-take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save and print your certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.