CPD certified online training for care home staff, domiciliary carers, workplace certification for social care.
Who is this course suitable for?
Our online online cpr, bls training is suitable for:
- Residential care home staff
- Nursing home staff
- Domiciliary carers
- Care home support assistants
- Healthcare assistants (HCAs)
What is covered in our e-learning course?
This e-learning training course covers the following subjects:
- Introduction to basic life support (BLS)
- Why basic life support is important?
- The BLS chain of survival
- The importance of the National Early Warining Score (NEWS) system
- DRSABC systematic approach
- Check for danger, why it is important to approach the victim safely
- Check for responsiveness, shout for help
- Open victim’s Airway (head tilt, chin lift)
- Check if victim is Breathing (look, listen and feel for breathing)
- If not breathing normally, call the ambulance and start delivering effective chest Compression’s
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) adult basic life support algorithm
- How to deliver effective chest compression’s & effective rescue breaths
- Why it is important to continue & knowing when to stop
- When and how to position a victim in the recovery position
- How to deal with an airway obstruction by a foreign body
- An introduction to automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
- The Resuscitation Council (UK) automated external defibrillators (AED) algorithm
- Organisational and individual responsibilities
- Localised delivery of cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Do not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (DNAR) orders
On completion of this online cpr training care home staff course you will be required to undertake an online cpr training for care homes test, which has a pass mark of 80%. Do not worry if you fail on your first attempt, as you can retake the test as many times as you are required.
Once you have successfully completed this course free cpr training certification will be available to download and print from your secure training area for your records. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for workplace compliance and is recognised internationally.
All online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.