CPD certified aed, cpr & first aid online training for care home staff, domiciliary carers, workplace certification for social care.
Who is this course suitable for?
Our online online first aid, cpr & aed training is suitable for:
- Residential care home staff
- Nursing home staff
- Domiciliary carers
- Care home support assistants
- Healthcare assistants (HCA’s)
- Recognise when someone is unwell
- Know the causes of cardiac arrest
- Know the chain of survival
- Perform a primary survey
- Know how to use the AED safely
- Deliver adult CPR effectively
- Help an adult choking victim.
What is covered in our e-learning course?
- Importance of automated external defibrillation (AED)
- The chain of survival
- How the heart and its electrical system works
- Have an awareness of the main heart rhythms
- Complete the primary survey
- Deal with an unconscious victim
- Administer CPR, including hands-only CPR
- Be familiar with the functions of an AED
- Understand the safety features of the AED
- Know the differences between CPR algorithms
- The effects of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Be able to support a choking victim
- The symptoms of angina and heart attack
- What to do when you suspect angina or heart attack
On completion of this online first aid and basic life support training care home staff course you will be required to undertake an online aed training for care homes test, which has a pass mark of 80%. Do not worry if you fail on your first attempt, as you can retake the test as many times as you are required.
Once you have successfully completed this course free cpr & aed training certification will be available to download and print from your secure training area for your records. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for workplace compliance and is recognised internationally.
All online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.