CPD certified online infection control training course, e-learning for health & social care, domiciliary carers, nursing.
Our course is available with free infection control for health & social care training certification, which can be downloaded and printed on successful completion of the course.
The aims of this online infection prevention training for health & social care programme is to provide the learner with an understanding of how to heighten awareness regarding the cross contamination procedures within the workplace.
This course also helps to promote and improve the awareness of the universal procedures required to prevent and minimise the spread of infections within the healthcare environment.
Who is this training course suitable for?
Our online infection control training care homes course is suitable for:
- Residential care home & nursing home staff
- Domiciliary & Healthcare assistants
- Nurses, Doctors, GP’s & Locums
- All health & social care providers
Our E-Learning Training Covers
- An introduction to infection prevention and why this is important within the workplace
- Health care associated infections (HAI’s) and how to ‘break the chain’
- Standard/universal precautions and prevention
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste, safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments, effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps, management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) ‘Five Moments’ of hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques, appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of the health care workers can be a risk to others
- Where to find additional resources regarding e-learning.
This infection control training for healthcare workers course will help you to understand how you can prevent the spread of infections in a care home.
This online training course is suitable for care & nursing home staff, social care providers, domiciliary and all healthcare professionals. On successful completion of this e-learning course, you will be able to download, save or print a quality assured CPD certificate.
Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for workplace compliance and is recognised internationally.
All online training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service, conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.