online health & safety training for nurses, doctors, residential care home and NHS staff, domiciliary carers, care homes managers & receptionists, cpd certified course, print all certification on completion.
Our online health & safety training for residential care homes course & domiciliary carers will help you stay compliant with your training requirements by offering:
- The learner with an understanding of the key legislation
- Provide an understanding of hazard spotting and risk assessments
- Enable learners to apply trained concepts to their work practice
- Provide an awareness of accident, incident and near miss reporting
- Provide essential training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
Free health & safety training in health & social care certification is available on successful completion of this course, which can be downloaded and printed for your records.
What is covered in this course?
- Awareness of related accidents and illnesses
- Legal responsibilities and requirements
- Awareness of policies and procedures
- Define and be aware of workplace hazards
- Define risk, accident and harm
- Relate concepts to your workplace environment
- Individual responsibilities to cooperate with employers
- The consequences of incorrect use of equipment
- Risks associated with display screen equipment and other work aids
- Risk assessment procedures
- First aid requirements in the workplace
- Manual handling risks including slips, trips and falls
- Basic fire safety awareness and individual responsibilities
- Basic infection and prevention awareness, including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Importance of self-awareness of work related stress
- Occupational hazards in the workplace
- Basic lone working awareness
- RIDDOR (including April 2012 update)
- Accident Reporting and Record Keeping
- Waste management guidance including:
- Management of general waste
- Management and disposal of sharps
- Sharps Safety – sharps control measures and precautions
- Sharps Safety – sharps practices
- Sharps Safety – dealing with contaminated sharps
- What to do following a sharps injury
- Where to get further information: (additional online learning resources)
Our online health & safety training care homes and social care courses should be completed by all staff members. This can include all voluntary and unpaid workers in residential homes.
Assessment and Certification
At the end of this e-learning course, you will be required to complete an online assessment and on successful completion of the knowledge test, which requires a 80% pass mark, you will be able to download a free CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
For any additional information that you may require regarding our e-learning health & safety training please contact us through our contact us page.