CPD certified E-learning course, online medical gas training for care home staff, domiciliary carers.
Our online safe handling, administration & medical gas training course was developed for those who routinely use medical gases in clinical environments, including:
- Care Home Staff
- Domiciliary Carers
- All Health & Social Care Workers.
Whats Covered Within Our Online Medical Gases Training..?
- Unit 1 – Introduction to medical gases
- Unit 2 – Gas cylinders
- Unit 3 – Prescribing and administering medical gases
- Unit 4 – British Thoracic Society (BTS) guidelines
- Unit 5 – Other medical gases
- Unit 6 – Handling cryogenic liquids
- Definition of medical gases
- Understand gas supply systems
- Principles of gas cylinder safety
- The uses of medical gases
- Principles, prescription and administration of medical gases
- Principles of Entonox administration
- Complications of oxygen therapy
- National guidance for safe oxygen administration
- Guidance regarding the use of medical oxygen at home
- Safety requirements for other gases, including medical air, cryogenic liquids, liquid nitrogen and Nitrous oxide
- Safety requirements for handling cryogenic liquids
- On completion of this e-learning medical gas course programme you will be required to complete an assessment with a pass mark of 80%. If you don’t pass the first, don’t worry, as you can re-take the online test as many times as you need with no extra charge.
On successful completion of this online medical gas training care homes e-learning course, you will be able to download, save and print your certificate. Our CPD certificate can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit (recognised internationally).
All of our e-learning training courses and programs are accredited by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.